Monday, June 30, 2008

The boy crisis

I'm going to be direct in this here post.

To all the people who dismiss the boy crisis in education as trivial, or refer to it as nothing but hype (as these authors do), I say: shame on you! Either that, or "If that's the case, then what would you call a 'girl crisis'?"

Any rebuttal to the boy crisis is a slap in the face to boys who are:

- less likely to have higher GPAs
- less likely to graduate from high school or college
- more likely to be diagnosed with ADD
- more likely to commit suicide
(all from http://www.trueequality.com/booklet/)

I should know, because I was actually diagnosed with a learning disorder back in elementary school. But that's beside the point.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hate to be off-topic but you and those other dummies on racialicious are stupid as all get out!! You chucklheads don't have SQUAT else to talk about but what Obama calls himself?!! Give me a damn break!

Vince M said...

uhh... I don't get it. I said nothing about what Obama calls himself :/